OS X Lion
OS X Lion is the new and eighth major release of Mac OS X, Apple’s desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers. Apple has released OS X Lion on July 20, 2011. Built on solid UNIX foundation platform, OS X is developed to take full advantage of the technologies in every new Mac.
OS X Lion brings many enhanced features made in Apple’s iOS, such as simple navigable display of installed applications to the Mac, and includes exclusive support for the Mac App Store, as introduced earlier in Mac OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6.6. Snow Leopard is an only prior version of OS X that supports the Mac App Store, which stated that any machines that support Lion currently running Tiger or Leopard would first have to be upgraded to Snow Leopard, as opposed to allowing a direct upgrade to Lion.
OS X Lion Features
OS X Lion has many upgraded features which deliver the best possible performance. Some of them are:-
- You can pinch, swipe, and tap your way around most of the apps on your system as the Multi-Touch track pad on Mac notebooks provides enough space.
- You will find long battery life as OS X gives the facility of dimming the screen in low-light conditions.
- It regulates processor activity between keystrokes, another way of saving battery power.
- In OS X Lion, you can interact with your computer in various new ways like Tap, Scroll, Pinch and Swipe using multi-touch gestures.
- You find your daily use application on the desktop whenever you start up your Mac.
- OS X Lion provides you easy access to all of your applications. The Dock is the place on your desktop for storing all of your applications and you can launch them and can make easily switching in between them. The Dock also includes Stacks, folders that give you easy access to documents, files, and downloads.
- Launch pad is a full screen view of all of your apps. Here you can easily access, arrange in folders and delete them.
- OS X Lion provides you a fully flexible finder option for finding anything in your Mac with some of additional features such as Spotlight, Quick look etc. By using Spotlight you can find anything in your Mac with just one or two word memory and can also easily drag and drop found file for sharing using Air Drop option.
- OS X Lion assists you for arranging your all opened applications and windows on Mission Control. Mission Control provides you an acute view of all windows and full-screen apps, and permits you to directly navigate among them.
Want to get in touch with us?
- Important Security Vulnerability Issues and Security Updates for 2.3.3 and 2.2.10
- 7 Steps to Recover Your WORDPRESS Website After Malicious Script or Virus Attack
- What is AMP and How to Make Your Website AMP Ready?
- Magento Commerce 2.3.3 and Security-Only Patch 2.3.2-p1 - Begin Your Upgrades Now!
- Magento Commerce 2.2.X Is Nearing the End of Support, It Is Time to Upgrade!