First of all, let’s tackle the most asked Magento question in 2020!
Why Upgrade/Migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
1. Magento has announced End of Life (EOL) for all the Magento 1 versions, i.e., no security patch or support updates after June 30th, 2020.
Magento 1 end of life countdown
2. Magento 2’s extraordinary performance over Magento 1, some highlights:
- 50% Faster Page Load Speed
- 38% Faster Checkout Speed
- Capability to process 117% More Orders Per Hour
- Magento 2 can Handle 2.1 Million More Page Views Per Hour
Magento store owners and merchants should not overlook the advanced performance improvements available with Magento 2; Not only will Magento 1 become outdated after June 2020, but it will also no longer provide a stable eCommerce environment. Another large factor to consider is the risk of losing existing organic rankings which could subsequently translate to losses in organic web traffic, returning visitors, keywords ranking, leads . . . and most importantly, sales! If migrated improperly, your website can “break” setting your online business back a year or two in terms of marketing efforts and sales revenue. It’s a nightmare, and no eCommerce owner or merchant wants it to happen to them. Selecting a Top Rated Magento Agency, with Certified Magento 2 developers is of the utmost importance when embarking on a Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration!
In addition to selecting a Magento Agency skilled at M1 Migration, there is also the significant importance of the Digital Marketing checklist for Magento migration.