You must have a current Magento subscription or license to receive software support. Additionally, it is recommended to always have the latest Magento version installed for optimum security and to leverage Magneto’s advanced features. Magento continues to improve releasing updated versions. Please review the chart below for the end of software support dates for previous Magento versions:
|Magento Release||End of Software Support|
|Magento 2.2.x||09/2019 (Open Source) & 12/2019 (Magento Commerce)|
|Magento 2.3.x – Magento 2.3.2||Latest Version|
Magento has stated: Support for Magento Commerce 2.2.x ends on December 31, 2019.
Merchants or customers who are still using Magento Commerce 2.2.x should upgrade to the latest Magento Commerce release 2.3. If you continue using Magento Commerce 2.2.x for your website, this may impact website security and compliance. Please review the following reasons why it is imperative to upgrade to 2.3.x:
- PCI compliance for Merchants using Magento Commerce 2.2.0-2.2.9 may be at risk as soon as November 30, 2019, due to the end of support for PHP 7.1.
- 2.2.10 is expected to be released October 2019 to address PHP 7.1 as well additional bug repairs and enhancements.
- With the End of Life of 2.2.x, it is highly recommended to upgrade to 2.3.x prior to the end of support as it will ensure your systems stability and security!
What’s New in Magento Commerce 2.3.x?
Magento Commerce 2.3.x includes many new features and enhanced security. The new features enable developers to meet client’s expectations faster, and Merchants can expect sustained growth in their business.
Full List of New Features:
- MSI (Multi-Source Inventory): Improve your operations with the Multi-Source Inventory
- PWA (Progressive Web Apps) Studio:Deliver app-like shopping experiences in mobile browsers
- Page Builder:Create and manage site content with an intuitive, powerful drag-and-drop editor
- Magento Shipping:Paid shipping solution from Magento
- GraphQL:API provides faster and more predictable presentation results, even on slow networks
- New Security Tools:Google ReCAPTCHA and 2FA
- Improved Indexing:Indexers reduce index times over 60%
- Asynchronous & Bulk Web APIs:API calls at greater volumes, without waiting for previous operations allowing for speedier performance
- Declarative Schema:Easing upgrade & Installation processes
- Technology Stack Update:PHP 7.2.x support, Elasticsearch, Mysql, Redis etc.
Magento 2.3 delivers updates and enhancements across the entire platform! You can review the complete details regarding Magento 2.3 features here.
If you are a Magento merchant, customer, or managing a Magento store consult with our certified Magento Developers regarding your upgrade to Magento Commerce 2.3.x today!